FOR RELEASE CONTACT
Attorney General Investigates Deaths by Law Enforcement, No Secret Whistleblower Settlements, H20 Quality, Transgender Health Care Rights, Regulating Daily Fantasy Sports & Domestic Violence Prevention Highlight Monday Assembly Committees
Also on Tap: Improving Mental Health Care, First-Time Homebuyers, Senior Freeze Property Tax Relief Credit, Veterans Housing & Benefits, Opioid Antidotes in Schools, Storm Preparedness, Family Daycare Background Checks, Hearing Impairment Task Force, Studying Predatory Alienation & Criminalizing U-4
(TRENTON) - Having the state Attorney General investigate and prosecute crime involving a person's death by a law enforcement officer, barring public entities and public employees from entering into confidential settlements of whistleblower claims, the Water Quality Accountability Act, regulating daily fantasy sports activities, transgender health care rights and domestic violence prevention, highlight Monday's Assembly committee hearings.
Also on tap: improving mental health services, help for first-time homebuyers, a Senior Freeze direct property tax credit, rental assistance for veterans and improved veterans benefits, opioid antidotes in schools, county storm preparedness, criminal history record background checks for family day care providers, the New Jersey Hearing Impairment Task Force, studying predatory alienation and its effects on young adults and senior citizens and criminalizing U-47700, known as U-4 or Pink.
The meetings are slated to begin at 10 a.m. and will be streamed live at:
· A1115 (Oliver/Conaway/Tucker/Sumter/Holley) - Provides that AG handle investigation and prosecution of crime involving person's death by law enforcement officer while acting in officer's official capacity or while in custody; requires trial in venue outside county where incident occurred. 1 p.m. Appropriations.
· A4243 (McKeon/Quijano/Benson/Houghtaling/Downey) - Bars public entities and public employees from entering into confidential settlements of "whistleblower" claims; provides that such settlements constitute public records. 10 a.m. Judiciary.
· A4569 (Eustace/Karabinchak/McKeon/Vainieri Huttle/Benson) - The "Water Quality Accountability Act"; imposes certain testing, reporting, management, and infrastructure investment requirements on water purveyors. 2 p.m. Environment and Solid Waste.
· A3532 (Mazzeo/Caputo/Burzichelli) - Provides for regulation of fantasy sports activities in New Jersey. 1 p.m. Appropriations.
· A4568 (Vainieri Huttle/Eustace/Pinkin/Jasey/Johnson) - Prohibits health insurers, SHBP, SEHBP, University Correctional Health Care, and Medicaid from discriminating in providing coverage and services based on gender identity. 1 p.m. Appropriations.
· A4034 (Singleton/Mosquera/Vainieri Huttle) - Establishes "Monica's Law" requiring evidence-based risk assessments in certain domestic violence cases; and A4045 (Singleton/Vainieri Huttle/Holley) - Establishes Statewide program to provide treatment services for children exposed to domestic violence. 1 p.m. Appropriations.
· A4468 (Schaer/Vainieri Huttle/Sumter) - Concerns Early Intervention Support Services program in DHS and expansion of program to all counties; and A4469 (Schaer/Vainieri Huttle/Lampitt/Sumter) - Concerns expansion of services provided by DHS mental health screening services. 1 p.m. Human Services.
· A4067 (Singleton/Lampitt/Wimberly/Holley/Benson) - Establishes New Jersey First-Time Home Buyer Savings Account Program; provides gross income tax exclusion for certain earnings on assets maintained in accounts established under program. 1 p.m. Appropriations.
· A4608 (Singleton/Dancer/DeAngelo) - Converts senior freeze reimbursement into credit applied directly to property tax bills. 1 p.m. Appropriations
· A2212 (Wimberly/Oliver/Holley/Houghtaling) - Grants credit against business taxes to developer of rental housing reserved for occupancy by veterans. 1 p.m. Appropriations.
· A4171 (Downey/Houghtaling/Holley/Benson) - Establishing New Jersey Commission on Veterans' Benefits in DMVA. 1 p.m. Appropriations.
· A4177 (Mazzeo/Lagana/Andrzejczak/Zwicker/Land/Benson/Downey) - Requires certain schools to maintain supply of opioid antidotes and permits emergency administration of opioid antidote by school nurse or trained employee. 1 p.m. Appropriations.
· A4204 (Mazzeo/Houghtaling/Downey/Andrzejczak/Land) - Requires Office of Emergency Management to establish county storm preparedness funding program. 1 p.m. Appropriations.
· A4262 (Muoio/Lampitt/Chiaravalloti/Mukherji/Jimenez) - Requires family day care providers and certain household members to undergo criminal history record background checks. 1 p.m. Appropriations.
· A4539 (Quijano/Vainieri Huttle) - Establishes "New Jersey Hearing Impairment Task Force." 1 p.m. Human Services.
· A4244 (Vainieri Huttle/Caride/Pintor Marin) - Requires DCF and DHS to study predatory alienation and its effects on young adults and senior citizens. 1 p.m. Human Services.
· A4367 (Mazzeo/Moriarty/Andrzejczak/Land/Kennedy/Vainieri Huttle) - Criminalizes the manufacture, sale, and possession of controlled dangerous substance U-47700, known as U-4 or "Pink." 10 a.m. Judiciary.
On the Net:
The Assembly Democratic Office Web site
NJ Assembly Dems on YouTube
NJ Assembly Dems on Vimeo
NJ Assembly Dems on Facebook
NJ Assembly Dems on Twitter
NJ Assembly Dems e-mail alerts