FOR RELEASE CONTACT
Expanding & Improving Paid Family Leave, Protecting Sanctuary Communities, Montclair State as a Research University, Library Construction, Atlantic County Property Assessment & Trump Security Costs Highlight Monday Assembly Committees
Also on Tap: Tougher Child Pornography Penalties, Women's Vocational Training, Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure, Pension Fund Fees, Portable Worker Benefits, Summer Meals Program, Improving Energy Infrastructure, Prescription Drug Safety, Boosting NJ Wineries, Foreclosure Prevention & Neighborhood Investment, Emergency Medical Services Reporting Requirements & Tax Info Security
(TRENTON) - Expanding and improving New Jersey's paid family leave program, protecting sanctuary communities, establishing Montclair State University as a public research university, New Jersey Library Construction Bond Act, Atlantic County property assessment and President Trump security costs highlight Monday's Assembly committee hearings.
Also on tap: tougher child pornography penalties, Women's Vocational Training Pilot Program disclosure of fees paid to managers of funds in which the state invests pension funds, telemedicine, portable benefits for workers who provide services to consumers through contracting agents, summer meals programs promotion, Improving Energy Infrastructure through Public-Private Partnership Act, foreclosure prevention and neighborhood investment, a prescription drug donation repository program, a bill package to boost New Jersey wineries, reporting requirements for emergency medical services providers and dispatch centers and background checks for employees with access to federal tax information.
The meetings are slated to begin at 10 a.m. and will be streamed live at:
· A-4927 (Prieto/Oliver/Gusciora/Jasey) - Revises law concerning family leave, family temporary disability leave, and domestic or sexual violence safety leave. 1 p.m. Appropriations.
· A-4590 (Mukherji/Chaparro/Quijano) - Establishes program to reimburse local governments for federal grant funds lost due to "sanctuary jurisdiction" status. 10 a.m. Budget.
· A-4969 (Oliver/Giblin/Jasey) - Establishes Montclair State University as public research university. 10 a.m. Higher Education.
· A-222 (DeAngelo/Giblin/Singleton/Holley/Benson) - New Jersey Library Construction Bond Act"; authorizes issuance of $125,000,000 in general obligation bonds to finance capital projects at public libraries; appropriates $5,000. 1 p.m. Appropriations.
· A-4839 (Mazzeo) - Extends county-based real property assessment pilot program to Atlantic County; revises assessment calendar for counties operating under that pilot program. 1 p.m. Appropriations.
· A-4859 (Vainieri Huttle/Prieto/Downey) - Establishes additional penalties related to child pornography and expands crime to include portrayal of child in sexual manner; establishes crime of leader of child pornography network. 1 p.m. Appropriations.
· A-3717 (Sumter/Vainieri Huttle/Lampitt) - Establishes Women's Vocational Training Pilot Program to promote economic self-sufficiency of low-income women through increased participation in high-wage, high-demand occupations. 1 p.m. Appropriations.
· A-4704 (Singleton) - Requires analyses and reporting of investment performance of pension funds; requires disclosure of fees paid to managers of certain funds in which State invests pension funds. 1 p.m. Appropriations.
· AR-231 (Quijano) - Urges federal government to reimburse State, counties, and municipalities for cost of providing security for President Trump. 2 p.m. Regulatory Oversight.
· A-2036 (Green/Sumter/Oliver) - Creates Foreclosure Prevention and Neighborhood Stabilization Revolving Trust Fund; places temporary surcharge on mortgage foreclosure complaints. 2 p.m. Housing and Community Development.
· A-3607 (Wimberly/Spencer/Muoio/Holley) - Establishes "New Jersey Investing in You Promise Neighborhood Commission"; appropriates $2 million. 2 p.m. Housing and Community Development.
· A-4552 (Kennedy/Johnson/Eustace/Zwicker) - Encourages local units to plan for electric vehicle charging infrastructure. 2 p.m. Housing and Community Development.
· A-1464 (Lampitt/Coughlin/Conaway/Vainieri Huttle/Lagana/Mukherji) - Authorizes health care practitioners to provide health care services through telemedicine. 1 p.m. Appropriations.
· A-4705 (Singleton) - Establishes system for portable benefits for workers who provide services to consumers through contracting agents. 1 p.m. Appropriations.
· A-4906 (Lampitt/Holley/Mosquera) - Requires public and nonpublic schools to notify students and parents of availability of summer meals programs and locations where meals are served. 1 p.m. Appropriations.
· A-4508 (Caride/Schaer) - "Improving Energy Infrastructure through Public-Private Partnership Act." 9 a.m. Telecommunications and Utilities.
· A-1813 (Conaway/Eustace/Jimenez/Giblin) - Establishes prescription drug donation repository program. 10 a.m. Health and Senior Services.
· A-1891 (Wisniewski/DeAngelo/Coughlin/Benson/McKnight) - Exempts senior homeowners from municipal building permit fees. 10 a.m. Health and Senior Services.
· A-4602 (Lampitt/Singleton/DeAngelo) - Removes requirement that limited brewery licensees provide tour when selling beer to consumers and permits certain food consumption on premise; A-4948 (Houghtaling/Andrzejczak/Taliaferro) - Clarifies certain responsibilities of licensed wineries and retail salesrooms; A-4949 (Houghtaling/Taliaferro/Andrzejczak) - Authorizes temporary waiver from requirement that farm winery use NJ grown fruit; A-4950 (Andrzejczak/Taliaferro/Houghtaling) - Makes various changes to law governing winery salesrooms; A-4951 (Taliaferro/Houghtaling/Andrzejczak) - Requires filing of initial and amendatory alcoholic beverage price list; A-4952 (Barclay) - Revises acreage requirement for plenary winery licenses. 2 p.m. Regulatory Oversight.
· A-4925 (Conaway/Houghtaling/Quijano/Giblin/DeAngelo) - Establishes data reporting requirements for emergency medical services providers and dispatch centers. 1 p.m. Appropriations.
· A4994 (McKeon/Burzichelli) - Requires certain State and local government agency employees with access to federal tax information to undergo criminal history background checks. 1 p.m. Appropriations.
· A-493 (McKeon/Danielsen/Mukherji) - Prohibits use of smokeless tobacco in public schools. 1 p.m. Appropriations.
On the Net:
The Assembly Democratic Office Web site
NJ Assembly Dems on YouTube
NJ Assembly Dems on Vimeo
NJ Assembly Dems on Facebook
NJ Assembly Dems on Twitter
NJ Assembly Dems e-mail alerts