FOR RELEASE CONTACT
*** THURSDAY ASSEMBLY COMMITTEES ***
Trenton Water Works Reform, Strengthening Consumers' Internet Privacy, Domestic Violence Training for Judicial Personnel, Lifting Criminal Liability for Animal Rescues, & Expanding Animal Cruelty Laws
(TRENTON) - Assembly committee meetings tomorrow are set to review legislation reforming public waters system operations, protecting consumers' personal information online, mandating healthcare coverage to help residents stop smoking, and discussing multiple bills concerning animal cruelty violations, including protecting good Samaritans who rescue animals from motor vehicles and expanding animal cruelty law to cover pets stolen or let out during burglaries.
Committees to begin at 10 a.m. and will be audio-streamed live at:
Among the legislation to be considered:
· A-317 (Pinkin/McKeon/Sumter/Lampitt/Vainieri Huttle/Wimberly) - Establishes certain requirements for domestic violence training for certain judges and judicial personnel.
· A-781 (Andrzejczak/Land/Benson/Holley/Mukherji) - Establish process for recovering cost of caring for domestic companion animals involved in animal cruelty violations.
· A-997 (Johnson/Schaer) - Prohibits investment of pension and annuity funds by state in entities that avoid Superfund obligations to state.
· A-1334 (Gusciora) - Expands acts of animal cruelty to include theft or release of animal during burglary.
· A-1526 (Zwicker/Benson/Moriarty/Downey/DeAngelo) - Requires Internet service providers to keep confidential and prohibit any disclosure, sale, or unauthorized access to subscriber's personally identifiable information unless subscriber authorizes Internet service provider in writing to disclose information.
· A-1859 (Lampitt/Barclay/Jones/Mukherji) - Clarifies that owners of self-driving motor vehicles must comply with existing insurance requirements.
· A-2015 (Coughlin/Holley/Andrzejczak) - Allows consumption of food on limited brewery premises.
· A-2318 (Vainieri Huttle/Murphy) - Provides immunity from civil and criminal liability for rescue of animal from motor vehicle under inhumane conditions.
· A-2444 (Benson/Pinkin/Mukherji) - Provides for coverage of comprehensive tobacco cessation services and prohibits certain restrictions on coverage.
· A-2656 (Lampitt) - Provides for Medicaid coverage of comprehensive tobacco cessation services and prohibits certain restrictions on coverage.
· A-3218 (Andrzejczak/Land) - Permits municipalities to contract with animal and humane societies which engage in animal foster care.
· A-3274 (Vainieri Huttle/Benson) - Requires institutions of higher education to offer cats and dogs no longer used for educational, research, or scientific purposes to animal rescue organizations for adoption.
· A-3354 (DeAngelo/Benson/Wimberly) - Removes certain requirements for professional engineers to take examination to operate water supply and wastewater treatment systems.
· A-3927 (Conaway) - Requires hospital, bio-analytical, and clinical laboratories to provide information and offer of HIV screening to patients living in areas with high prevalence of HIV.
· A-3937 (DeAngelo) - Allows local government water system employees to reside in all municipalities served by water system.
· AJR-29 (Wimberly/Conaway/Vainieri Huttle/Holley) - Designated May of each year as "Youth Smoking Prevention and Awareness Month.
On the Net:
The Assembly Democratic Office Web site
NJ Assembly Dems on YouTube
NJ Assembly Dems on Vimeo
NJ Assembly Dems on Facebook
NJ Assembly Dems on Twitter
NJ Assembly Dems e-mail alerts