FOR RELEASE CONTACT
Final Legislative OK for Tuition Equality, $200M for Open Space, Improving Medical Marijuana Program, College Affordability, School Security, Megan's Law Reforms & Requiring Cameras on Police Cars Top Thursday Assembly Session
Full-Day Kindergarten, Revising Ticket Sales Law, Reinstating Construction Fee Moratorium & Helping Children Overcome Reading Disabilities Also on Tap
(TRENTON) - Final legislative approval for tuition equality and bills asking the voters to approve $200 million for open space preservation, improve the state's medical marijuana program, require cameras on police vehicles, establish a college affordability study commission, boost school security and modernize Megan's Law top Thursday's Assembly voting session.
Bills to study full-day kindergarten, revise ticket sales, reinstate the moratorium on a nonresidential construction fee, prevent student cardiac arrests, advise women and new parents on the dangers of casual breast milk sharing and help children overcome reading disabilities are also on tap.
The session is scheduled to start at 1 p.m. and will be streamed live at:
· A4425 (Johnson/VainieriHuttle/Quijano/Green/Cryan/Greenwald/Caride/Wimberly/Prieto) - Allows certain students including undocumented immigrants who meet certain criteria to qualify for in-State tuition at public institutions of higher education and state financial aid,
· A3162 (Caride/Johnson/Fuentes/Ramos/Connors/Jimenez/Schaer/Greenwald) - "Higher Education Citizenship Equality Act;" defines domicile for dependent students for the purpose of eligibility for State student loans, grants, or scholarships and resident tuition rate.
· A4541 (Spencer) - The "Green Acres, Water Supply and Floodplain Protection, and Farmland and Historic Preservation Bond Act of 2014," authorizes bonds for $200 million.
· A4537 (Stender) - Permits qualifying patients to possess and use medical marijuana legally obtained from another jurisdiction; extends State medical marijuana laws to qualifying out-of-State patients; expands ability of parents to serve as primary caregiver to minor children.
· A4193 (Moriarty/Mainor/Fuentes/Mosquera/Lampitt) - Requires certain police vehicles to be equipped with cameras.
· A3886 (DeAngelo/Benson) - Revises certain provisions of Megan's Law and imposes monthly penalty on sex offenders to fund their monitoring and supervision by the parole board.
· A4324 (Quijano) - Requires that certain health care facilities be generator ready; allows health care facilities to qualify for NJEDA loans for cost of generators.
· A1843 (Diegnan/Burzichelli/Wagner/Jasey/McKeon) - "Group Home Fire Safety Act."
· ACR116 (Johnson/Coughlin/Wimberly/Benson) - Proposes constitutional amendment authorizing statute transferring probation functions from Judiciary to State Parole Board.
· A3066 (Watson Coleman/Johnson) - Increases compensation for wrongful imprisonment
· A4444 (Riley/Wisniewski) - Establishes "College Affordability Study Commission" to examine issues and develop recommendations to increase the affordability of higher education in New Jersey.
· A3691 (Caputo/Diegnan/Ramos/Spencer/Tucker/Quijano/Vainieri Huttle) - Requires school buildings to be equipped with emergency light and panic alarm linked to local law enforcement.
· A3972 (Jasey/Caputo/Singleton) - Establishes task force to study issues related to the establishment of full-day kindergarten.
· A3605 (Albano/Diegnan/Jasey/Andrzejczak) - Requires certain public school students to be screened for dyslexia and other reading disabilities.
· A4415 (Eustace/Jasey) - "Sudden Cardiac Arrest Prevention Act"; provides student-athletes, parents, and coaches with information on sudden cardiac arrest and establishes protocol concerning removal-from-play for athletes exhibiting symptoms of sudden cardiac arrest.
· A2258 (Prieto/Johnson/Jimenez) - Revises law concerning ticket sales.
· A3702 (Lampitt)- Establish public awareness campaign advising pregnant women, new parents, and women who are breast feeding the dangers of casual milk sharing and A3703 (Lampitt) - Provides for licensure of human milk banks.
· A3915 (Singleton/Green/DeAngelo/Sumter/Lampitt) - Establishes the Mortgage Assistance Pilot Program.
· A3802 (Wimberly/Jasey) - Enacts the "Reader Privacy Act."
· A4336 (Gusciora/Moriarty) - Enacts "Motor Vehicle Owners' Right to Repair Act."
· A4457 (Burzichelli/Singleton/Lampitt) - Reinstates moratorium on imposition of statewide non-residential development fees until January 2015.
· A1393 (Wilson) - Requires corporations qualifying for State development subsidy grants to repay entire grant amount if corporation fails to uphold grant terms.
· A1399 (Wilson/Singleton/Coughlin/Riley) - Authorizes payment of funeral expenses for certain public safety employees killed in line of duty.
· A4156 (Andrzejczak/Albano) - Requires public bodies under Open Public Meetings Act to display U.S. flag and recite Pledge of Allegiance at beginning of meeting.
· A3498 (Conaway) - Requires county board of elections provide notice to voters by mail and on county's Internet site when change in polling place location for any election district occurs within 60 days of any election.
On the Net:
The Assembly Democratic Office Web site
NJ Assembly Dems on YouTube
NJ Assembly Dems on Vimeo
NJ Assembly Dems on Facebook
NJ Assembly Dems on Twitter
NJ Assembly Dems e-mail alerts