FOR RELEASE CONTACT
Drone Use Standards, Invalidating Christie Civil Service Rule Changes & Several Women's Rights Bills Top Monday Assembly Session
(TRENTON) - Setting law enforcement standards for drone use, invalidating proposed Civil Service rule changes by the Christie administration and several women's rights bills - including banning discrimination based on pregnancy - top Monday's Assembly voting session.
The session is scheduled to start at 1 p.m. and will be streamed live at: http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/media/live_audio.asp
· A-2601 (Vainieri Huttle/Stender/Quijano) - Prohibits genital mutilation of females under 18 years of age.
· A-4280 (Lampitt/Mosquera) - "Autumn Joy Stillbirth Research and Dignity Act"; requires DOH to establish protocols for stillbirths, establishes stillbirth research database.
· A-4486 (Lampitt/Johnson) - Prohibits discrimination based on pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.
· ACR-215 (Stender) - Invalidates or prohibits adoption of rule proposed by Civil Service Commission to establish job banding program.
· A-2574 (Vainieri Huttle/Caride) - Establishes measures to deter steroid use among students.
· A-954 (Oliver) - Establishes School Asthma Protocol Task Force, and A-3641 (Giblin/Oliver) - Requires boards of education to adopt policies to make schools asthma-friendly.
· A-2734 (Caride) - Requires schools to maintain supply of epinephrine and permit administration of epinephrine to any student having anaphylactic reaction.
· A-1336 (Greenwald/DeAngelo) - Permits registered voters to receive mail-in ballots automatically for all elections under certain conditions; limits number of sample ballots transmitted to each residence.
· A3828 (Burzichelli/DeAngelo/Diegnan) - Creates New Jersey Cold War medal.
· A-3559 (Benson/Vainieri Huttle/Jasey) - Requires training program for school bus drivers and aides on interacting with students with special needs.
· A-3619 (Cryan) - Requires cable television, telecommunications, and public utility service providers request alternate modes of communication from customers; requires that providers contact customers in event of service interruptions and emergencies.
· A-3898 (Ramos/Spencer/Eustace/Vainieri Huttle) - Authorizes municipalities to finance water conservation, storm shelter construction, and flood and hurricane resistance projects.
· A-3427 (Tucker/Singleton/Eustace/Lampitt/Greenwald/Wisniewski) - Provides for temporary professional or occupational licensure for qualified nonresident military spouses.
· A-1260 (Coughlin/Sumter) - Regulates teen nights by requiring security provided by police officers, prohibiting persons under age 15 from attending, and disqualifying registered sex offenders from employment.
· A-3390 (O'Donnell/Coughlin) - Requires newborn infant screening for tongue tie.
· A-781 (Vainieri Huttle/Quijano) - Concerns stalking and related restraining order protections for adoptive children and their adoptive parents victimized by persons whose parental rights to the adoptive children have been terminated.
· A-4072 (Sumter/Tucker/Andrzejczak) - Establishes pilot program in DOE to recruit, select, and train veterans for school security positions in school districts.
· A-3216 (Cryan/Quijano/Ramos/Coughlin) - Requires institutions of higher education to provide to prospective students certain cost, loan, and debt information in financial aid shopping sheet.
On the Net:
The Assembly Democratic Office Web site
NJ Assembly Dems on YouTube
NJ Assembly Dems on Vimeo
NJ Assembly Dems on Facebook
NJ Assembly Dems on Twitter
NJ Assembly Dems e-mail alerts