Legislative Office Opens Doors to Residents In Need of Cell Phone Charging, Resources
(14th Legislative District) – Assemblyman Daniel Benson (D-Mercer, Middlesex) has opened his office to residents who are working hard to regain order to their lives after Super Storm Sandy.
“As many families move from restoration of power to seeking relief for repairs from FEMA or their insurance companies, our office remains active in helping constituents navigate these systems and ensure they get the help they need,” said Assemblyman Benson.
Specifically, Assemblyman Benson has contacted PSEG and JCPL on constituents’ behalf when they are unable to call in and report their problem themselves. Benson has also surveyed the neighborhoods to assess the needs of the community and notified the appropriate authorities of local emergencies such as downed wires or poles. Assemblyman Benson’s district office is located at 3691A Nottingham Way, Hamilton Square.
In addition to encouraging residents to contact their offices if they are having problems, Assemblyman Benson also provided a listing of important emergency contact information to help residents address their needs directly:
- FEMA – To register to receive assistance: 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or visit: www.disasterassistance.gov
- Volunteering – 1-800-Jersey-7 (1-800-537-7397)
- Port Authority of NY & NJ – 201-595-4530 or 201-595-4531
- Pet Rescue – 1-855-407-4787 (1-855-407-HSUS)
- 24/7 Health Experts – 2-1-1
- Food Safety/Water Safety – 1-866-234-0964
- Report Price Gouging – 862-209-0130 or 973-220-3474
- Disaster Mental Health Helpline – (toll free) 1-877-294-HELP (4357) or 2-1-1
- Statewide Hurricane Sandy Business Recovery Assistance – 1-866-534-7789 or visit: www.nj.gov/njbusiness
- For Gas Stations to Report Service Delivery Problems – call: 609-858-6900 or email: SandyGas@njeda.com
- Assemblyman Benson’s Office: (P) 609-631-0198 or (E) firstname.lastname@example.org