Caregiver Task Force, Chronic Student Absenteeism, Revising Animal Cruelty Enforcement, Gubernatorial Ethics, Employee Rights, Garden State Growth Zone at Atlantic City International Airport & No Pension $$$ Investment in Lax Polluters Also on Tap
(TRENTON) – Establishing criminal penalties for sale and possession of bump stocks, withdrawing from the compact establishing the Waterfront Commission of New York Harbor, expanding background check requirements for entities that provide services to individuals with disabilities, regulating controlled dangerous substances and opioids and allowing public high schools in the same school district to enter into cooperative sports programs if schools are unable to field varsity teams individually will be considered Monday by Assembly committees.
Also among the many bills on tap: a caregiver task force, combating chronic student absenteeism, revising animal cruelty enforcement, gubernatorial ethics, employee rights, a Garden State Growth Zone at Atlantic City International Airport and no investment of pension and annuity funds by the state in entities that avoid Superfund obligations.
The meetings are slated to begin at 10 a.m. and will be streamed live at:
· A-5200 (Quijano/Oliver/Prieto/Greenwald/Houghtaling/Downey/Lagana) – Establishes criminal penalties for sale and possession of certain firearm components. 11 a.m. Appropriations.
· A-2179 (Quijano/Giblin/Wimberly/Pintor Marin) – Directs Governor to withdraw from compact establishing Waterfront Commission of New York Harbor; dissolves compact and commission; transfers commission’s NJ operations to State Police. 11 a.m. Appropriations.
· A-5210 (Vainieri Huttle/Holley) – Expands background check requirements for entities that provide services to individuals with certain disabilities and requires inspections of certain entities. 11 a.m. Appropriations.
· A-5242/A-5300 (Coughlin/Benson/Vainieri Huttle) (Vainieri Huttle) – Concerns regulation and prescribing of certain Schedule II controlled dangerous substances and opioids. 10 a.m. Health and Senior Services. 10 a.m. Health.
· A-5264 (McKeon/Quijano/Vainieri Huttle) – Upgrades penalties for certain crimes involving heroin and fentanyl; establishes new crimes concerning heroin mixtures; allows certain defendants to be eligible for drug court. 10 a.m. Judiciary.
· A-5254 (Benson/Quijano) – Requires New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association to allow public high schools in same school district to enter into cooperative sports programs if schools are unable to field varsity teams individually. 11 a.m. Appropriations.
· A-1463 (Lampitt/Mosquera/Vainieri Huttle/Danielsen/ Sumter/Benson/McKnight) – Establishes New Jersey Caregiver Task Force to evaluate and provide recommendations on caregiver support services. 11 a.m. Appropriations.
· A-2352 (Vainieri Huttle/Muoio/Singleton/Caputo/Jasey) – Requires Commissioner of Education to include data on chronic absenteeism and disciplinary suspensions on School Report Card and requires public schools to make certain efforts to combat chronic absenteeism. 11 a.m. Appropriations.
· A-5231 (Benson/Vainieri Huttle) – Revises animal cruelty law enforcement in NJ. 11 a.m. Appropriations.
· A-2437 (Wisniewski) – Provides that certain ethical standards will apply to Governor. 10 a.m. Judiciary.
· A-5287 (McKeon) – Bars provisions in employment contracts that waive rights or remedies; bars agreements that conceal details relating to discrimination claims. 10 a.m. Judiciary.
· A-3002 (Conaway/Pinkin) – Requires State Board of Medical Examiners to conduct international criminal history background checks and check employer references for licensees. 10 a.m. Health and Senior Services.
· A-501 (Burzichelli/Zwicker) – Establishes certain requirements for use of physical restraint on students with disabilities in school districts and approved private schools for students with disabilities; and A-5220 (Burzichelli) – Exempts certain motor vehicles that provide service to persons with developmental disabilities from motor vehicle registration fees. 11 a.m. Appropriations.
· A-4510 (Mazzeo) – Provides certain incentives to qualified businesses in Garden State Growth Zones; creates Garden State Growth Zone at Atlantic City International Airport and surrounding area. 11 a.m. Appropriations.
· A-4814 (Johnson/Schaer) – Prohibits investment of pension and annuity funds by State in entities that avoid Superfund obligations to State. 11 a.m. Appropriations.
· AJR-168 (McKeon) – Establishes Commission on Drunk and Impaired Driving. 10 a.m. Judiciary.