Testimony on Pulaski Skyway Reconstruction & Impact of Christie Decision to End Housing Hardship Program Also on Tap
(TRENTON) – Legislation to help people undergoing chemotherapy extend their driver’s license photo, bar people from transporting hunted endangered animal species through New Jersey airports, control Sandy-damaged repair and reconstruction fees and establish recovery high school alternative education programs highlight Monday’s Assembly committee meetings.
Also on tap are hearing on the Pulaski Skyway reconstruction and the end the Housing Hardship Extension and the Housing Assistance Program.
The meetings are slated to being at 10 a.m. and will be streamed live at:
· A-4719 (Moriarty/Mosquera/Vainieri Huttle/DeAngelo/Diegnan) – Extends use of stored driver’s license picture for person undergoing chemotherapy or other treatment for certain medical illnesses. 10 a.m. Transportation.
· A-4773 (Eustace/Garcia) – Prohibits possession and transport of certain animals and body parts thereof at PANYNJ airports and port facilities; and A-4808 (Eustace) – Prohibits possession, transport, import, export, processing, sale, or shipment of certain animal species threatened with extinction. 2 p.m. Environment.
· A-4464 (Andrzejczak/Mazzeo) – Sets fees for DEP permits and approvals for repair or reconstruction of Sandy-damaged structures at no more than amount in effect on October 28, 2012. 2 p.m. Environment and Solid Waste.
· The Assembly transportation panel will hold a 10 a.m. hearing on the repair and rehabilitation of the Pulaski Skyway, including the impacts of ongoing construction and any delays in construction.
· The Assembly Human Services Committee will hold a 1 p.m. hearing concerning the termination of the Housing Hardship Extension and the Housing Assistance Programs in the Department of Human Services, which provided housing to individuals who are chronically ill and disabled, and the current housing situation for these individuals.
· A-4878 (Spencer/Sumter/Holley) – Authorizes establishment of recovery high school alternative education programs. 10 a.m. Education.
· A2592 (Vainieri Huttle/Jimenez) – Requires life imprisonment without parole for persons convicted of the murder of a minor under the age of 18 in the course of the commission of a sex crime. 10 a.m. Judiciary.
· A-4166 (Benson) – Requires employers and health care providers to disseminate information regarding certain leave and benefits. 10 a.m. Labor.
· A-4728 (DeAngelo) – Directs DOLWD to provide information regarding employee leave and benefit rights. 10 a.m. Labor.
· A-4693 (Vainieri Huttle) – Requires Commissioner of Education to include data on chronic absenteeism and disciplinary suspensions on School Report Card and requires public schools to make certain efforts to combat chronic absenteeism. 10 a.m. Education.
· A-2298/A-2310 (Spencer/Quijano)/(DeAngelo) – Prohibits employers from obtaining, requiring, or discriminating on the basis of credit reports. 10 a.m. Labor.
· A-4125 (Mazzeo/Lagana) – Requires annual evaluation reports by Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development on survey responses to be obtained from certain employers that end operations in this State. 10 a.m. Labor.
· AJR85 (DeAngelo) – Creates 13-member “New Jersey Elections Technology Study Task Force.” 10 a.m. Judiciary.
· A-3553 (Mazzeo/Andrzejczak/Jimenez/Vainieri Huttle/Benson) – Requires reservation of portion of tenant vouchers under State rental assistance program for veterans. 10 a.m. Military and Veterans’ Affairs.
· A-4724 (DeAngelo) – Establishes New Jersey Military Skills Council; A-4725 (DeAngelo) – Provides incentives for certain businesses associated with military installations; and A-4726 (DeAngelo) – Provides preference to certain employers applying for workforce development grants. 10 a.m. Military and Veterans’ Affairs.
· A4548 (Wimberly) – Establishes pilot program in Paterson authorizing non-disclosure of records of certain expungements. 10 a.m. Judiciary.
· A4341 (Schaer/Vainieri Huttle) – Requires development and maintenance of data dashboard report to advise of open bed availability in residential facilities providing behavioral health services. 1 p.m. Human Services.
· A4636 (Jimenez/Lagana/Mukherji) – Establishes minimum certified nursing assistant-to-resident ratios in nursing homes. 1 p.m. Human Services.
· A3809 (Pintor Marin/Prieto) – Expands the Address Confidentiality Program to include victims of sexual assault and stalking. 10 a.m. Judiciary.
· A3858 (Benson/Danielsen/Johnson) – Upgrades crime of stalking when stalking activity is carried out or assisted by installation or use of communication or location monitoring program or device on cellular phone or wireless mobile device. 10 a.m. Judiciary.
· A4531 (Spencer/Benson/Muoio) – Creates new criminal offenses concerning endangering another person; repeals N.J.S.2C:12-2 and N.J.S.2C:24-7. 10 a.m. Judiciary.