The Assembly Tourism and the Arts Committee will hold a special hearing on the road on Friday to hear the views of Burlington County residents, first hand. The committee will hear testimony from invited guests on issues affecting the tourism and arts industries, including the significance of historical and cultural experiences and heritage tourism in New Jersey.
The hearing will take place on Friday, March 25, at 11 a.m. at the Herman T. Costello Lyceum Hall, located at 432 High Street, Burlington, New Jersey.
“This is a great opportunity for Burlington County residents to weigh in on issues of importance to them in the arts and tourism industries,” said Committee Chairman Matthew Milam (D-Atlantic/Cape May/Cumberland). “As someone who represents the tip of Southern Jersey, I’m looking forward to venturing up to Burlington County to hear what’s on the minds of residents.”
Among the guests expected to testify are:
– Former Burlington City Mayor Herman T. Costello
– Burlington City Mayor Dr. James Fazzone
– Kevin Tremble, President, and Cate Litvak, Executive Director, Crossroads of the American Revolution
– Jan Reed, President, Burlington City Historical Society
– Lisa Willever, Author, Nicky Fifth Chapter Books
– Clayton Sills, Chairman, Oliver Cromwell Black History Society