Also on Tap: Public NJ Transit Board Members, Drunk Driving & Ignition Interlock Device Violations, Protections for Domestic Violence Victims, Family Day Care Provider Background Checks, Child Food & Nutrition Programs, Green Building Projects & Establishing Failure to Maintain Lane while Engaging in Distracted Driving as Reckless under the Vehicular Homicide Statute
PANYNJ Chairman Also Invited to Present the Agency’s 10-year Capital Plan
(TRENTON) – Assisting Gold Star families, creating a court program for veterans, combating the gender pay gap, facilitating full and equal participation of women in the workforce, helping beginning farmers, conserving water through lawn sprinkler rain sensors and expanding education requirements for special learner’s and examination permits highlight Thursday’s Assembly committee hearings.
Also on Tap: public NJ Transit board members, drunk driving and ignition interlock device violations, protections for domestic violence victims, family day care provider background checks, child food and nutrition programs, green building projects and establishing that failure to maintain a lane while engaging in distracted driving as reckless under the vehicular homicide statute.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey chairman will also be invited to present the agency’s 10-year capital plan.
The meetings are slated to begin at 10 a.m. and will be streamed live at:
· A-4399 (Greenwald/Johnson/Andrzejczak/Jones/Mazzeo/Houghtaling) – Establishes Gold Star Family Counseling Program in DMVA; creates tax credit for certain health care professionals; A-4401 (Greenwald/Land/Andrzejczak/Mazzeo/Houghtaling/Benson) – Authorizes certain benefits for certain family members of military personnel who died while on active duty; A-4402 (Greenwald/Andrzejczak/Johnson/Jones/Land/Houghtaling/Benson) – Requires DMVA to notify county veterans’ affairs office of death of certain military service members; requires office to have Gold Star liaison; and A-4403 (Greenwald/Land/Johnson/Mazzeo/Andrzejczak/Houghtaling/Benson) – Requires Adjutant General to create informational webpage for Gold Star families. 10 a.m. Military and Veterans’ Affairs.
· A-4362 (Andrzejczak/Mazzeo/Land/Tucker/Benson) – Creates Veterans Diversion Program to divert eligible servicemembers away from criminal justice system and into appropriate case management and mental health services. 10 a.m. Military and Veterans’ Affairs.
· A-3832 (Quijano/Muoio) – Requires businesses receiving financial assistance from EDA be prohibited from any gender gap payment practice to their employees. 10 a.m. Labor.
· A-4372 (Downey/Houghtaling/Vainieri Huttle) – Establishes Office for Women’s Advancement in DOLWD to facilitate full and equal participation of women in workplace; makes an appropriation. 10 a.m. Labor.
· A-4489 (Andrzejczak/Zwicker/Houghtaling/Mazzeo/Taliaferro) – Provides corporation business tax and gross income tax credits to persons hiring beginning farmers to perform custom farming; A-4490 (Andrzejczak/Zwicker/Houghtaling/Mazzeo/Taliaferro) – Provides corporation business tax and gross income tax credits to persons leasing agricultural land to beginning farmers; A-4491 (Andrzejczak/Zwicker/Houghtaling/Mazzeo/Taliaferro) – Establishes “New Farmers Improvement Grant Program” to provide matching grants for farm improvements to beginning farmers; A-4492 (Andrzejczak/Zwicker/Houghtaling/Mazzeo/Taliaferro) – Requires NJEDA to establish loan program to assist beginning farmers in financing capital purchases; A-4493 (Andrzejczak/Zwicker/Houghtaling/Mazzeo/Taliaferro) – Establishes Garden State Young Farmers Loan Redemption Program in Higher Education Student Assistance Authority; and A-4494 (Andrzejczak/Zwicker/Houghtaling/Mazzeo/Taliaferro) – Directs Dept. of Agriculture to develop and implement beginning farmer mentoring program in cooperation with certain agricultural and educational organizations and entities. 2 p.m. Agriculture and Natural Resources.
· A-1484 (McKeon/Jasey/Eustace) – Requires installation of operational automatic rain sensor on lawn sprinklers as condition of sale and on lawn sprinklers on commercial, retail or industrial property and in common interest communities within specified timeframes. 2 p.m. Environment and Solid Waste.
· A-1901 (Wisniewski/Lampitt) – Expands education requirements for special learner’s and examination permits. 10 a.m. Transportation.
· A-1919 (Wisniewski/Muoio/Benson/Johnson/Vainieri Huttle/Moriarty) – Adds two public members to NJT board and provides that all NJT board members are voting members. 10 a.m. Transportation.
· The Transportation panel has also invited The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey chairman to present the agency’s 10-year capital plan.
· A-4016 (Lagana) – Revises penalties for drunk driving and ignition interlock device violations. 10 a.m. Judiciary.
· A-4046 (Singleton/Vainieri Huttle) – Establishes standards for Batterers’ Intervention Programs in domestic violence cases. 10 a.m. Judiciary.
· A-4262 (Muoio/Lampitt) – Requires family day care providers and certain household members to undergo criminal history record background checks. 10 a.m. Women and Children.
· A-4363 (Taliaferro/ Andrzejczak) – Creates “Nourishing Young Minds Initiative Fund” in Dept. of Agriculture to help pay for child food and nutrition programs. 10 a.m. Women and Children.
· A-4062 (Wisniewski/McKnight) – Establishes failure to maintain lane while engaging in distracted driving as reckless under vehicular homicide statute. 10 a.m. Transportation.
· A-2081 (Mukherji/Pintor Marin/Muoio) – Provides for priority consideration, by DCA, DEP, DOT, and municipalities, of permit applications for green building projects. 2 p.m. Environment and Solid Waste.
· A-4013 (Singleton) – Prohibits sale of expanded polystyrene food containers by public schools and public institutions of higher education. 2 p.m. Environment and Solid Waste.
· A-3945 (Gusciora/Conaway/Chiaravalloti) – Prohibits certain possession, sale, trade, distribution, or offering for sale of shark fins. 2 p.m. Environment and Solid Waste.
· A-4204 (Mazzeo/Houghtaling/Downey/Andrzejczak/Land) – Requires Office of Emergency Management to establish county storm preparedness program. 2 p.m. Homeland Security and State Preparedness.
· A-4253 (Quijano/Mukherji/Vainieri Huttle) – Establishes “Nonprofit Security Grant Pilot Program.” 2 p.m. Homeland Security and State Preparedness.
· AJR122 (Oliver/Giblin) – Establishes “Disparity in State Procurement Study Commission.” 2 p.m. State and Local Government.
· A-2363 (Vainieri Huttle) – Requires NJT to remove snow from certain stops, stations, and stands for motorbus regular route service and to make name and contact information of entities responsible for snow removal publicly available. 10 a.m. Transportation.