Improved Storm Responsiveness, Protecting Unemployment Benefits, Increased Fines for Failing to Stay to the Right, Opposing Civil Service Changes, Fracking Waste Ban, Foreclosure Help, Combating Metal Theft, Protecting Crime Witnesses, Health Care Savings & Allowing Horse Racing on Atlantic City Beaches Also on Tap
(TRENTON) – Halting October’s wasteful special election, banning conversion therapy for minors, easing medical marijuana restrictions for minors, improving storm response, more gun violence prevention bills, protecting jobless benefits and budget legislation highlight Monday’s Assembly voting session.
Increased fines for failing to stay to the right, banning fracking waste in New Jersey, foreclosure help, combating metal theft, protecting crime witnesses, finding health care savings, allowing horse racing on Atlantic City beaches and opposing governor’s proposed civil services changes are also on tap.
The session is scheduled to start at 1 p.m. and will be streamed live at:
HALTING WASTEFUL OCTOBER SPECIAL ELECTION:
· A4237 [Gusciora, Reed/Stender, Linda], General election-change date to Oct. 16
· A4249 [Greenwald, Louis D.], Elections Integrity Act-estab.
BANNING CONVERSION THERAPY:
· A3371 [Eustace, Timothy J./Conaway, Herb+7], Minor, change sexual orientation-concern
IMPROVING STORM RESPONSE:
· A3930 [Quijano, Annette/Cryan, Joseph], Motor fuel dealer-generator wiring
· A3475 [Barnes, Peter J./DeAngelo, Wayne P.], Disaster Info. Access Act
· A2675 [Caride, Marlene] Reappropriates $3 million from “Dam, Lake, Stream, Flood Control, Water Resources, and Wastewater Treatment Bond Act of 2003” to fun State flood control projects
GUN VIOLENCE PREVENTION:
· A3659 [Barnes, Peter J./Johnson, Gordon M.+7], Weapons, cert.-destructive definition
· A3690 [Cryan, Joseph/Coutinho, Albert+3], Study Comm. on Violence
· A4094 [Quijano, Annette], Media viol.-concerns child’s exposure
· A4182 [Greenwald, Louis D.], Firearm purchaser id card-revise statutes
PROTECTING UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS:
· A3810 [DeAngelo, Wayne P.], Emp. contrib. reports-concerns
· A3811 [DeAngelo, Wayne P.], Unemp. comp. benf.-concerns overpayment
· A3812 [DeAngelo, Wayne P.], Records, cert.-transfer to DOLWD
· A4187 [Egan, Joseph V.], Emp. unemp. insur. accounts.-charges
· A4189 [Egan, Joseph V.], Unemp. benf. law-modifies short-time
· A4233 [Oliver, Sheila Y./Prieto, Vincent], Patient Prot. and Affordable Care Act
· A4200 [Prieto, Vincent/O’Scanlon Declan J.] Appropriates $32,976,962.00 in state funds and $13,427,159,762 in federal funds for the state budget for fiscal year 2013-2014
· A4201 [O’Scanlon, Declan J./Vincent Prieto] Makes FY 2013 state supplemental appropriations totaling $224,837,000, reduces FY 2013 appropriations by $398,006,000, and supplementing various language provisions affects appropriations in FY 2013.
· A4241 [Stender, Linda] Provides for similar requirements for minor and adult patients in medical marijuana program
· A2277 [Wilson, Gilbert L.] Increases fine for failure to keep right of failure to observe traffic lanes; establishes fund to pay for certain signage
· ACR199 [Stender, Linda/Conaway, Herb] Determines that Civil Service Commission’s proposed regulations concerning job banding are not consistent with legislative intent
· A4251 [Green, Jerry] Extends moratorium on the imposition of statewide nonresidential development fees until 2018; establishes “New Jersey Residential Foreclosure Act”
· A3518 [Gusciora, Reed/Wagner, Connie], Craft distillery lic.-creates
· A3544 [Singleton, Troy], Domestic viol. victims-concerns
· A575 [Wagner, Connie/Gusciora, Reed] Prohibits treatment, discharge, disposal, or storage of wastewater, wastewater solids, sludge, drill cuttings or other byproducts from natural gas exploration or production using hydraulic fracturing.
· A3692 [Burzichelli, John J./Eustace, Timothy J.], Crime witness-notify defendant’s release
· A4149 [Burzichelli, John J.], Horse racing on the beach-grant permit
· A1214 [Stender, Linda/Conaway, Herb], Chronic health condition-pilot prog.
· A2974 [Mosquera, Gabriela M./Diegnan, Patrick J.], Co. consolidated purchasing prog-concern
· A2993 [Benson, Daniel R./DeAngelo, Wayne P.], Ex-svc. memb, cert.-prov. unemp. benf.
· A3169 [Albano, Nelson T.], Laser pointers, cert.-proh. Sale
· A3222 [Fuentes, Angel/Wilson, Gilbert L.], Scrap metal purch.-revises law
· A3807 [Caputo.Ralph R./Tucker Cleopatra G.] “Corporate Disinvestment Property Tax Relief Act”
· ACR179 [Spencer, L. Grace/Ramos Ruben J.] Amends Constitution to dedicate, for 30 years, 1/5 of a cent for each dollar subject to sales tax for preservation of open space, including flood prone areas and lands the protect water supplies, farmland, and historic properties.