Working towards solutions to boost economic development in New Jersey, the Assembly Commerce and Economic Development and Senate Economic Growth Committees will hold a joint meeting to examine the State’s economic development strategies.
The panel will hear testimony from over a dozen invited guests with expertise in business and economics. Invited guests include:
· NJ State Chamber
· South Jersey Chamber
· Meadowlands Chamber
· Associated Construction Contractors of NJ
· International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 825
· Kearny Point
· County Colleges
· Representatives from NJ Research Universities
· NJ Policy Research Organization
· Atlantic County Economic Alliance
· Somerset Business Partnership
The Assembly committee is chaired by Assemblyman Gordon Johnson (D-Bergen), and the Senate Committee is led by Senator Nilsa Cruz-Perez (D-Camden, Gloucester).
The meeting will be held Friday, March 8, at 10 a.m. in Committee Room 4, First Floor, State House Annex, Trenton, New Jersey. Audio will be streamed online at www.njleg.state.nj.us/media/live_audio.asp.