*** MONDAY ADVISORY ***
ASSEMBLY TO WEIGH COMBATING TEEN SEXTING, SUPPORTING COLLECTIVE BARGAINING, TARGETING POLICE & FIREFIGHTER STEROID ABUSE & REQUIRING CLEARLY MARKED GAS PRICE SIGNS
Electric Cars, Protecting Newborns & Promoting Town Mergers Also on Tap
(TRENTON) – Legislation to combat sexting by putting education over prosecution, express support for collective bargaining, target police and firefighter steroid abuse and require gas retailers to clearly post different prices for cash and credit top Monday’s Assembly voting session agenda.
The session is slated to begin at 1 p.m.
It will be streamed live at http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/media/live_audio.asp.
· Legislation (A-1561) to create an education program for juveniles who are charged with sexting or posting sexual images. It’s sponsored by Pam Lampitt (D-Camden), Celeste Riley (D-Gloucester/Salem/Cumberland) and Valerie Vainieri Huttle (D-Bergen).
· Legislation (AR-145) urging the timely commencement of collective bargaining state employee unions. It’s sponsored by Thomas Giblin (D-Essex/Passaic), Linda Stender (D-Union/Middlesex/Somerset) and Wayne DeAngelo (D-Mercer/Middlesex).
· Legislation (A-3698) to require monitoring for human growth hormone prescriptions. The bill comes after The Star-Ledger reported concerns with steroid abuse among police and firefighters. The bill is sponsored by Herb Conaway, M.D. (D-Burlington/Camden), John McKeon (D-Essex), Ruben J. Ramos Jr. (D-Hudson) and Valerie Vainieri Huttle (D-Bergen).
· A bill (A-3862) to require gas retailers to post signs if they charge different prices for cash and credit purchases. It’s sponsored by Vincent Prieto (D-Hudson/Bergen), Ruben J. Ramos Jr. (D-Hudson), Jack Conners (D-Burlington/Camden) and Paul Moriarty (D-Gloucester/Camden).
· A bill (A-3648) to install electric vehicle charging stations at service areas along state toll roads. It’s sponsored by Majority Leader Joseph Cryan (D-Union), Wayne DeAngelo (D-Mercer/Middlesex), Linda Stender (D-Union/Middlesex/Somerset) and John McKeon (D-Essex).
· A bill (A-3744) to require newborns be screened for congenital heart defects. It’s sponsored by Jason O’Donnell (D-Hudson) and Connie Wagner (D-Bergen).
· A bill (A-3587) to allow towns seeking to do merger studies to apply for state approval through different means. This stems after the state rejected a study by Merchantville and Cherry Hill because they each didn’t ask the same way. The bill is sponsored by Connie Wagner (D-Bergen), Valerie Vainieri Huttle (D-Bergen), Lou Greenwald and Pam Lampitt (both D-Camden).
The complete agenda can be found at: