Annual Celebration Commemorates Contributions, Heritage of Irish-Americans
(TRENTON) — Assembly Democrats today issued a multimedia package commemorating the New Jersey General Assembly’s annual celebration of Saint Patrick’s Day — recognizing New Jersey’s strong Irish-American heritage and the contributions of Irish-Americans to the betterment and advancement of the state.
This year’s celebration honored the following groups and individuals:
- The 2010 Grand Marshals and Deputy Grand Marshals of the state’s 25-plus Saint Patrick’s Day parades;
- The Jersey Shore Shillelagh’s Pipes and Drums band;
- Ed Kennedy and the Ed Kennedy Band;
- Natalie and Julia DeAngelo, traditional Irish dancers;
- Barry Andrews, Minister for Children and Youth Affairs of Ireland; and
- Niall Burgess, Consul General of Ireland.
The multimedia package consists of a video of the ceremony, audio of same, and a Facebook photo album of the event.
The audio file is available upon request.
The Facebook photo album can be accessed by clicking here.
On the Net:
The Assembly Democratic Office Web site
NJ Assembly Dems on YouTube
NJ Assembly Dems on Vimeo
NJ Assembly Dems on Facebook
NJ Assembly Dems on Twitter
NJ Assembly Dems on Flickr
NJ Assembly Dems e-mail alerts