Bill to Bar DUI Offenders from Operating NJ Transit Trains also on Tap
(TRENTON) – Asking voters to amend the state Constitution to require state pension payments and establish the right of public employees to a pension benefit, legislation to improve protections for baby monitors with Internet connections, bills to outline duties and responsibilities of the lieutenant governor and a measure to establish a pilot program in Ocean County for electronic monitoring of domestic violence offenders top Monday’s Assembly committee hearings.
Also on tap is legislation to prohibit anyone whose driver’s license is suspended for driving while intoxicated from operating NJ Transit train.
The meetings are slated to begin at 10 a.m. and will be streamed live at:
· ACR-109 (Prieto/Jimenez/Giblin/Caputo) – Proposes constitutional amendment to require payments by State to State-administered retirement systems and establish in Constitution right of public employees to pension benefit; provides for enforcement of funding obligations and benefit rights. 10 a.m. Judiciary.
· A-20 (Downey/Houghtaling/Chiaravalloti/Coughlin/Greenwald) – Prohibits person whose driver’s license is suspended for DWI from operating NJT train. 10 a.m. Transportation.
· A3581 (Downey/Mosquera/Spencer) – Requires baby monitors with Internet connection to include security features and warning; and A3582 (Mosquera/Spencer) – Creates public awareness campaign concerning risks associated with unsecured, Internet-connected baby monitors. 10 a.m. Women and Children.
· A-2868 (Singleton) – Expands duties and responsibilities of Lieutenant Governor; includes Lieutenant Governor in existing laws governing recall and ethics; establishes Lieutenant Governor’s salary and budget; and ACR-145 (Singleton) – Proposes constitutional amendment allowing Lieutenant Governor to cast deciding vote when tie vote occurs in Senate and providing State committee of political party will fill vacancy in office of Lieutenant Governor. 2 p.m. State and Local Government.
· A315 (Singleton/Mosquera/Benson) – Establishes four-year pilot program in Ocean County for electronic monitoring of certain domestic violence offenders; designated as “Lisa’s Law”; appropriates $2.5 million. 10 a.m. Judiciary.
· A2175 (Taliaferro) – “Linnette Lebron’s Law” modifies procedures for marriage or civil union where a party is terminally ill. 10 a.m. Judiciary.
· A-334 (Singleton/Spencer/Caputo/Mukherji/Taliaferro/Caride) – Provides dedicated funding for promotion of apprenticeships and apprenticeship programs from Workforce Development Partnership Fund. 10 a.m. Labor.
· A-3438 (DeAngelo) – Requires initial determination of unemployment benefits to be made within three weeks of filing of claim; and A-3440 (DeAngelo) – Prohibits employment discrimination based on applicant employment status. 10 a.m. Labor.
· A-3717 (Sumter/Vainieri Huttle/Lampitt) – Establishes Women’s Vocational Training Pilot Program to promote economic self-sufficiency of low-income women through increased participation in high-wage, high-demand occupations. 10 a.m. Labor.
· A-161 (Tucker) – Modifies laws regarding compensation and leaves of absence for certain public employees who served in the military; requires public employers follow certain policies and procedures for leaves of absence. 10 a.m. Military and Veterans’ Affairs.
· A-221 (DeAngelo) – Provides civil service preference to military service members who did not serve in theater of operation but received campaign or expedition medal. 10 a.m. Military and Veterans’ Affairs.
· A-375 (Tucker/Eustace) – Requires institutions of higher education to provide greater assistance to certain students with military obligations. 10 a.m. Military and Veterans’ Affairs.
· A-2088 (Mukherji/Tucker) – Requires Commissioner of DCA to promulgate rules and regulations providing for veterans’ affordable housing assistance preference. 10 a.m. Military and Veterans’ Affairs.
· ACR-23 (DeAngelo/Lagana/Andrzejczak) – Proposes constitutional amendment to permit disabled veterans who served in U.S. Armed Forces at any time to receive civil service preference. 10 a.m. Military and Veterans’ Affairs.
· A2323 (Vainieri Huttle/Sumter/Lampitt/Mosquera) – Prohibits the restraint of prisoners during and immediately after childbirth. 10 a.m. Women and Children.
· A3386 (Schaer/Vainieri Huttle) – Provides protections for children under the age of 18 with developmental disabilities and individuals with developmental disabilities ages 18-21 receiving services from Division of Children’s System of Care. 10 a.m. Women and Children.
· A3612 (Greenwald) – Requires counties to design and construct inclusive playgrounds to receive State funding for recreational and conservation purposes. 10 a.m. Women and Children.
· A3053 (Houghtaling/Andrzejczak/Taliaferro) – Directs the Div. of Travel and Tourism to publish on its website information of farm-to-table restaurants; and A3054 (Andrzejczak/Houghtaling/Taliaferro) – Establishes NJ “Farm to Restaurant” awards program. 2 p.m. Agriculture and Natural Resources.
· A-1826 (Conaway/Singleton/Spencer/McKeon) – Authorizes Drinking Water Quality Institute to study and recommend maximum contaminant level for 1,2,3-trichloropropane to DEP. 2 p.m. Environment and Solid Waste.
· A3824 (Vainieri Huttle) – Establishes Office of Ombudsman for Individuals with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities and their Families. 1 p.m. Human Services.
· A-3540 (Schaer) – Provides that certain corporations bidding for public contracts may submit federal Securities and Exchange Commission filing to comply with requirements to disclose certain interest holders. 2 p.m. State and Local Government.
· A2961 (Schaer/Lampitt/Danielsen) – Concerns victim’s right to rape care advocate under certain circumstances. 10 a.m. Judiciary.
· A-1919 (Wisniewski/Muoio/Benson/Johnson/Vainieri Huttle) – Adds two public members to NJT board. 10 a.m. Transportation.
· A-2532 (DeAngelo) – Requires Division of Rate Counsel to evaluate NJT fare increases and determine whether increases are necessary and fair to NJT customers. 10 a.m. Transportation.
· A-3003 (McKeon) – Concerns NJ Transit’s treatment of people with guide or service dogs; establishes Access Link Customer Service Group. 10 a.m. Transportation.
· A-3699 (Eustace) – Directs DOT and NJT to construct rail station at Atlantic City Airport. 10 a.m. Transportation.