Atlantic City Growth Tax Credit Program, First Responder Protections, Banning Foothold Animal Traps, Improved Child Welfare Worker Safety & Combating Lead Paint Poisoning Also on Tap
(TRENTON) – Legislation to create the Police Body Camera Implementation Task Force, require law enforcement agencies to establish minority recruitment and selection programs, prohibit tourism helicopter flights, combat lottery winnings fraud, raise the minimum age to buy tobacco and e-smoking devices to 21 and prohibit liquid nicotine top Thursday’s Assembly committee meetings.
Also on tap: the Atlantic City Growth Tax Credit Program, the Thomas P. Canzanella Twenty First Century First Responders Protection Act, determining that Fish and Game Council’s adopted rule to allow use of enclosed foothold traps is inconsistent with plain language and legislative intent, improving child welfare worker safety and combating lead paint poisoning.
The meetings are slated to being at 10 a.m. and will be streamed live at:
· A-4869 (Moriarty/Tucker) – Establishes “Police Body Camera Implementation Task Force” to study and make recommendations concerning use of body cameras by law enforcement agencies in this State. 2 p.m. Law and Public Safety.
· A-4850 (Wimberly/Mainor/Johnson) – Expands membership of Police Training Commission to include representative from Northern New Jersey and South Jersey chapters of National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives; and A-4849 (Wimberly/Mainor/Johnson) – Requires law enforcement agencies in this State to establish minority recruitment and selection programs; establishes reporting requirement. 2 p.m. Law and Public Safety.
· A-3254 (Vainieri Huttle/Lampitt/Diegnan) – Raises minimum age for purchase and sale of tobacco products and electronic smoking devices from 19 to 21. 10 a.m. Health and Senior Services.
· A-4098 (Pinkin/Sumter) – Prohibits sale or distribution of liquid nicotine except in child-resistant containers. 10 a.m. Health and Senior Services.
· A4310 (Prieto/Jimenez/Mukherji/Garcia) – Prohibits tourist helicopter operations in New Jersey. 10 a.m. Tourism, Gaming and The Arts.
· A4469 (Quijano) – Makes fraudulent use of social security number to collect lottery winnings crime of fourth degree. 10 a.m. Tourism, Gaming and The Arts.
· A-4004 (Mazzeo/Andrzejczak) – Establishes “Atlantic City Growth Tax Credit Program” to grant tax credits to promote the development of non-rental housing in Atlantic City. 2 p.m. Housing and Community Development.
· A-1347 (Stender/Egan) – “Thomas P. Canzanella Twenty First Century First Responders Protection Act”; concerns workers’ compensation for public safety workers. 2 p.m. Appropriations.
· ACR-250 (Singleton/Gusciora) – Determines that Fish and Game Council’s adopted rule to allow use of enclosed foothold traps is inconsistent with plain language and legislative intent of 1984 law banning animal traps of steel-jaw leghold type. 2 p.m. Regulatory Oversight.
· A-4638 (Vainieri Huttle/Singleton/Holley/Mosquera/Tucker) – Requires DCPP to implement policies and procedures to ensure caseworker safety. 2 p.m. Appropriations.
· A-2325 (Spencer/Muoio/Benson) – Makes FY 2016 supplemental Grants-in-Aid appropriation of $10 million to DCA for Lead Hazard Control Assistance Fund. 2 p.m. Appropriations.
· A-4463 (Giblin/Diegnan/Jimenez/Caputo/Vainieri Huttle) – Revises laws concerning real estate licensees. 1 p.m. Regulated Professions.
· A4345 (Singleton/Conaway/Taliaferro/Tucker) – Requires annual General Fund appropriation to DMVA for Council on Armed Forces and Veterans’ Affairs for purposes of base realignment and closure. 2 p.m. Appropriations.
· A-4172 (Andrzejczak/Lagana/Benson/Gusciora) – Requires creditors to maintain vacant and abandoned non-residential properties under foreclosure. 2 p.m. Housing and Community Development.
· A-2719 (Gusciora) – Provides for industrial hemp farming; and A-2919 (Gusciora) – Establishes an industrial hemp license. 2 p.m. Commerce and Economic Development.
· A-4334 (Singleton/Diegnan/Lagana) – Expands scope of New Jersey Regulatory Flexibility Act dealing with economic impact of rules on small businesses. 2 p.m. Commerce and Economic Development.
· A-4834 (Lagana/Burzichelli/Schaer) – Allows businesses due to receive grant under Business Employment Incentive Program to receive tax credit instead of grant. 2 p.m. Appropriations.
· A-4129 (Mazzeo/Lagana) – Establishes “New Jersey Business Advisory Council” in Business Action Center. 2 p.m. Commerce and Economic Development.
· A-4506 (Jasey/Green) – Codifies the Judiciary’s Foreclosure Mediation Program; dedicates monies from foreclosure filing fees and fines. 2 p.m. Housing and Community Development.
· A-3404 (Gusciora/Eustace) – Permits municipalities to issue retail liquor licenses for use in certain historic taverns. 2 p.m. Regulatory Oversight.
· A-4576 (Johnson/Wimberly) – Requires lowest possible price not exceeding certain cap for intrastate inmate telephone calls. 2 p.m. Appropriations.
· A-4550 (Wilson/Fuentes/Taliaferro) – Authorizes impoundment of all-terrain vehicles and dirt bikes for certain crimes and offenses. 2 p.m. Law and Public Safety.
· A-476 (Green/Stender) – Establishes compensation limits for licensed public adjusters during certain emergencies. 10 a.m. Financial Institutions and Insurance.
· A-4026 (Lampitt/Mosquera/Vainieri Huttle) – Establishes New Jersey Caregiver Task Force to evaluate and provide recommendations on caregiver support services. 10 a.m. Health and Senior Services.
· A-4331 (Vainieri Huttle/Danielsen/DeAngelo/Holley/Benson) – Requires training of homemaker-home health aides in the care of patients with Alzheimer’s disease or related disorders, and A-4188 (Garcia/Lagana/Taliaferro/Vainieri Huttle/Danielsen/ Holley/Benson/Jimenez) – Clarifies that Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders may be listed as secondary cause of death on death certificate when appropriate. 10 a.m. Health and Senior Services.
· A-4505 (Wimberly/Sumter/Diegnan/Garcia/Fuentes/Mainor) – “Healthy Small Food Retailer Act”; provides funding to small food retailers to sell fresh and nutritious food. 2 p.m. Commerce and Economic Development.
· A-4518 (Schaer/Eustace/Benson) – Allows certain businesses to qualify as mega projects under the “Grow New Jersey Assistance Act.” 2 p.m. Commerce and Economic Development.
· A-633 (Moriarty/DeAngelo/Wilson/Lagana/Danielsen) – Establishes pilot project to permit overseas and military voters to vote in certain elections using Internet; makes an appropriation. 2 p.m. Appropriations.