Also on Tap: Farm-to-Table Restaurants, NJ Basic Skills Training Program, Protecting Historic Sites, Service Dog Pilot Program, Historic Taverns, Cigar Bars & Condemning Trump Haitian Move
(TRENTON) – Safes zones for Internet purchases and combating sexual assault on campus top Thursday Assembly committees.
Also on tap: farm-to-table restaurants, the NJ Basic Skills Training Program, protecting historic sites, a service dog pilot program, historic taverns, cigar bars and condemning President Trump’s decision to terminate Temporary Protected Status designation for Haitian nationals.
The meetings are slated to begin at 10 a.m. and will be streamed live at:
· A-1522 (Zwicker/Benson/Barclay) – Allows county and municipal police departments to establish designated safe areas for Internet purchase transactions; establishes public awareness campaign. 2 p.m. Law and Public Safety.
· The Assembly Higher Education Committee at 10 a.m. will take testimony from the Task Force on Sexual Assault’s final report that was issued in June, 2017 – Addressing Campus Sexual Violence; Creating Safer Higher Education Communities.
· A-1039 (Houghtaling/Andrzejczak/Taliaferro) – Directs the Division of Travel and Tourism to publish on its website information of farm-to-table restaurants. 10 a.m. Tourism, Gaming and the Arts.
· A-1831 (Lampitt/Schaer/Wimberly/Danielsen) – Increases reporting requirements for the NJ Basic Skills Training Program for Economic Growth. 2 p.m. Commerce and Economic Development.
· A-592 (Danielsen/Holley/Gusciora/Vainieri Huttle) – Establishes offense of criminal mischief committed on historical sites. 2 p.m. Law and Public Safety.
· A-1201 (Barclay/Jones) – Establishes Service Dog Pilot Program for inmates in Camden County; appropriates $150,000. 2 p.m. Law and Public Safety.
· A-1318 (Gusciora/Eustace/Holley) – Permits municipalities to issue retail liquor licenses for use in certain historic taverns. 2 p.m. Regulatory Oversight, Reform and Federal Relations.
· A-1315 (Gusciora/DeAngelo/Lagana) – Permits new cigar lounges to be opened under certain circumstances. 2 p.m. Regulatory Oversight, Reform and Federal Relations.
· AR-49 (Kennedy) – Condemns President Trump for administration’s decision to terminate Temporary Protected Status designation for Haitian nationals. 2 p.m. Regulatory Oversight, Reform and Federal Relations.