(TRENTON) – Senator Paul A. Sarlo and Assembly members Gary S. Schaer and Marlene Caride (all D-Bergen/Passaic) today announced a total of $1.46 million in state Department of Transportation Local Aid and Economic Development grants that will fund road repairs and help offset local costs in several municipalities in the 36th district.
“Our economy relies on people being able to get from home to work and the businesses throughout our communities,” said Sarlo. “These grants are vital to maintaining not only the infrastructures of our towns, but their economic lives, as well. I am proud to see the state partnering with our communities in this manner.”
“This is great news for our municipalities who must often do more with less,” said Schaer. “This funding is sorely needed in our well-traveled and highly congested North Jersey communities. Not only will it help improve roads and help our residents avoid hefty car repair bills, but it will help offset local costs, help control property taxes and create needed construction jobs. It’s a win-win.”
“Anyone who has been stuck in traffic in a busy North Jersey road knows our roads take a beating,” said Carede. “Road repairs often go undone because municipalities simply can’t afford them. These grants will allow our municipalities to make needed repairs without breaking the bank, and give our residents in the 36th district better, safer roads to drive on.”
The grants will fund roadway preservation projects in Carlstadt Borough, Cliffside Park Borough, Little Ferry Borough, Moonachie Borough, Ridgefield Borough, Ridgefield Park Village, Rutherford Borough, Wood-Ridge Borough and the City of Passaic.
Below is a list of grant amounts and the road projects they will benefit:
- $146,5000 for 10th Street in Carlstadt Borough
- $146,500 for Columbia Avenue (Sec. 2) in Cliffside Park Borough
- $146,500 for Eckel Road in Little Ferry Borough
- $146,500 for various streets in Moonachie Borough
- $146,500 for Elm Avenue (Sec. 2) in Ridgefield Borough
- $146,500 for Laurel Street in Ridgefield Park Village
- $146,500 for Ridge Road (Sec. 2) in Rutherford Borough
- $146,500 for Wood-Ridge Avenue (Sec. 2) and Highland Avenue in Wood-Ridge Borough
- $285,500.00 for the Passaic City Road Resurface Program 2012