Bill Package to Boost NJ Wineries Also Up
Also up: Help for Those Hurt by Flounder/Black Sea Bass Quota Reductions
(TRENTON) – Teaching law enforcement interaction to children, student digital privacy, cybersecurity, requiring an early retirement incentive offer before public safety department layoffs in Atlantic City, the Domestic Violence Tuition Waiver Program and protecting New Jersey call center jobs highlight Thursday’s Assembly committee hearings.
Also up is a 6-bill package to assist New Jersey wineries and two bills to help those adversely impacted by the reduction in flounder and black sea bass harvest quotas.
The meetings are slated to begin at 10 a.m. and will be streamed live at:
· A-1114 (Oliver/Jasey/Tucker/Caputo) – Requires school districts to provide instruction on interacting with law enforcement as part of Core Curriculum Content Standards in Social Studies. 10 a.m. Education.
· A-1272/A-3936 (Caride/Quijano/Webber)/(Singleton) – “Student Digital Privacy and Parental Rights Act.”/ “Student Online Personal Protection Act.” 10 a.m. Education.
· The Assembly Homeland Security and State Preparedness Committee at 2 p.m. will hold a hearing regarding cybersecurity threats, standards, and new technologies and ways the public can protect itself against these threats.
· A-2265 (Vainieri Huttle/Benson/Chiaravalloti/Chaparro) – Creates NJ Cybersecurity Commission; appropriates $50,000; and A-4936 (Quijano/Chaparro) – Requires State, county, and municipal employees and certain State contractors to complete cybersecurity awareness training. 2 p.m. Homeland Security and State Preparedness.
· A-4840 (Mazzeo) – Requires early retirement incentive offer before public safety department layoffs in municipalities in need of stabilization and recovery. 2 p.m. State and Local Government.
· A-2814 (Mosquera/Jones) – Establishes the “Domestic Violence Tuition Waiver Program.” 10 a.m. Women and Children.
· A-4158 (Sumter/Eustace/Benson/Vainieri Huttle) – “New Jersey Call Center Jobs Act.” 10 a.m. Labor.
· A-446 (Mazzeo/Andrzejczak/Burzichelli) – Directs DOT, NJTA, and SJTA to permit certain wineries to participate in certain sign programs on freeways, interstate highways, and toll roads; A-2172 (Taliaferro/Andrzejczak) – Exempts certain plenary winery licensees from filing requirements imposed on retail sellers of litter-generating products; A-2643 (Burzichelli) – Permits wineries to operate salesrooms in certain municipalities with restrictions on the sale of alcoholic beverages; A-3047 (Andrzejczak/Taliaferro/Land) – Creates viticulture trail tourist directional signs; A-4426 (Mazzeo/Houghtaling/Andrzejczak) – Provides tax credits to vineyards and wineries for qualified capital expenses; A-4427 (Mazzeo/Houghtaling) – Establishes loan program and provides corporation business tax and gross income tax credits for establishment of new vineyards and wineries; 1 p.m. Agriculture and Natural Resources.
· A-4974 (Andrzejczak/Land/Mazzeo) – Appropriates $5 million from General Fund to Dept. of Agriculture for financial assistance to fishermen affected by 2017 reduction in summer flounder and black sea bass harvest quotas; and A-4981 (Andrzejczak/Land) – Extends eligibility for unemployment insurance benefits to certain individuals affected by the 2017 reduction in flounder and black sea bass harvest quotas. 1 p.m. Agriculture and Natural Resources.
· A-614 (Lagana/Vainieri Huttle/Zwicker/Benson/Sumter/McKnight) – Establishes NJ STEM Entrepreneur Fellowship Program in DOLWD. 10 a.m. Labor.
· A-4598 (Schaer) – Creates Joint Apprenticeship Incentive Grant Program; and AR-212 (Schaer) – Urges Congress and President to enact legislation that creates federal tax credit for hiring new apprentices. 10 a.m. Labor.
· A-4161 (Houghtaling/Downey) – Creates New Jersey Military Working Dog Handler and Military Working Dog medal. 10 a.m. Military and Veterans’ Affairs.
· A-4149 (Andrzejczak/Land) – Requires MVC to educate and test drivers on responsibilities during police stop. 10 a.m. Transportation.
· A-4875 (Muoio) – Requires gubernatorial candidates’ statements be posted online. 10 a.m. Judiciary.
· A-448 (Mazzeo/Burzichelli/Lagana) – Requires New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association to require criminal history records check for person to serve as official at athletic events sanctioned by association. 10 a.m. Education.