(TRENTON) — The Assembly State Government Committee will hold a hearing on Thursday to receive testimony on the New Jersey Turnpike Authority’s plans to privatize toll collections on the Turnpike and Garden State Parkway, a move that could impact nearly 700 workers between the two major highways.
The hearing will take place on Thursday, April 21, 2011, at 11 am in Committee Room 12, 4th Floor, State House Annex, Trenton.
Those currently expected to testify include:
- Charles Wowkanech, President, NJ State AFL-CIO;
- Fran Ehret, President, Local 194;
- Frank Forst, Former Business Manager, Local 194;
- Dolores Gorczyca, International Rep for IFPTE & Recording Secretary of the Coalition of Labor Union Women National Council; and
- Dr. Jeff Keefe – Rutgers University Professor, School of Management and Labor Relations.
The panel has also invited Department of Transportation Commissioner James Simpson and Turnpike Authority Executive Director Veronique Hakim to testify.