Assemblyman Also Provides List of Important Contact Info for Residents & Businesses
In the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy, Assembly Deputy Speaker John Wisniewski (D-Middlesex) is conducting a donation drive to help residents of the 19th legislative district who have been impacted or displaced by the storm.
“Sayreville, Perth Amboy, South Amboy, Woodbridge and Carteret were all hit particularly hard by flooding and power outages and some parts of our district still remain without power, especially after this latest storm,” said Wisniewski. “Now is the time when we need to come together as a community and show what we’re made of through our spirit of giving. Every little bit helps so I encourage everyone to extend a helping hand to their neighbors.”
Wisniewski’s office is collecting clothing, non-perishable food items, diapers, blankets, flashlights, batteries and toiletries such as deodorant, toilet paper, tooth brushes, and tooth paste. Anyone wishing to donate can drop off items Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm at the Assemblyman’s district office, located at 132 Main Street, Sayreville, NJ.
Wisniewski also noted that FEMA has set up an office at the Sayreville Senior Center where residents can meet with staff to discuss any disaster assistance-related questions and to apply for assistance. The senior center is located at 423 Main Street in Sayreville and will be staffed daily from 8 am to 6 pm by FEMA staff.
Wisniewski’s office has also been working around the clock to help constituents who have encountered a myriad of problems associated with Sandy. He also provided a listing of important emergency contact information to help residents address their needs directly:
- FEMA – To register to receive assistance: 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or visit: www.disasterassistance.gov/
- Volunteering – 1-800-Jersey-7 (1-800-537-7397)
- Port Authority of NY & NJ – 201-595-4530 or 201-595-4531
- Pet Rescue – 1-855-407-4787 (1-855-407-HSUS)
- 24/7 Health Experts – 2-1-1
- Food Safety/Water Safety – 1-866-234-0964
- Report Price Gouging – 862-209-0130 or 973-220-3474
- Disaster Mental Health Helpline – (toll free) 1-877-294-HELP (4357) or 2-1-1
- Statewide Hurricane Sandy Business Recovery Assistance – 1-866-534-7789 or visit: http://www.nj.gov/njbusiness/
- For Gas Stations to Report Service Delivery Problems – call: 609-858-6900 or email: SandyGas@njeda.com
- Assemblyman Wisniewski’s Office: (P) 732-432-8460 or (E) AsmWisniewski@njleg.org