The Assembly Education Committee on Monday will hold a hearing to discuss issues surrounding the development and authorization of charter schools in New Jersey.
The hearing is set for 1 p.m. Monday, January 24, in Committee Room 11 on the fourth floor of the State House Annex. It will be streamed live at http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/
The committee will receive testimony from invited guests on issues relating to charter schools, such as current need, local approval requirements, accountability, and alternative avenues for authorization of new charter schools.
Those expected to give testimony include officials from:
– Education Law Center
– Statewide Education Organizing Committee
– Save Our Schools
– NJ Charter Schools Association
– Garden State Coalition of Schools
– National Alliance for Public Charter Schools; and
– New Jersey School Boards Association.